Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Throbbing Lung Fiber

A few months ago this was up there as a contender for my album of the year. A little beautifully nasty gem of metallic hardcore released by the quality folk over at A389 Records. The 2nd full length album from Full Of Hell - "Rudiments Of Mutilation", 45 RPM, Aqua Vinyl.

I'd probably call this the most evil hardcore record I've heard all year. Full Of Hell's other releases never really stuck with me all that well, but this record really grabbed me. The recording is completely filthy and murky, and the band just sounds like they're coming right at you to eviscerate everything. Particularly on side A, which is definitely my favorite. Side B is pretty much all down tempo, which is cool and all, but FoH really bring their all with the fast stuff in my opinion. Not a perfect record, but a definite highlight of the year. Very experimental band, probably more then people give them credit for.

I absolutely love the art and layout of this record. The collage cover totally fits with the grotesque music, and the way everything is framed and fitted is fantastic. I managed to snag one of the 3 pre-order colors, of which there was 100 of each. I chose aqua.


- VII

No comments:

Post a Comment