Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

This Party Sucks

Another Hygiene Records co/release. This time teaming up with Reality Is A Cult Records to bring us all the fantastic 2nd EP from Cheap Art - "Desocialized", 33 RPM, mint green vinyl.

This is another record I reviewed on Operation Grindcore, so again, I won't go into to much detail. I'd definitely chalk this up as one of my favorites of the year. Non-stop, loud and hardcore as fuck fastcore. They added a new girl vocalist this time, and I definitely like her addition. Their first record was more powerviolence, and straight forward, but she adds a new dynamic of intensity to the band. Gives the attack a little more variation. Plus, they got a hell of a lot faster. Great record. Great cover art too!

I think this is just a photocopied cover sleeve. Nice and DIY. Cool, definitely photocopied insert too. There were 3 color variations of this record, and the yellow and mint green were both limited to 50. There are still plenty of these available at the Hygiene Records store (edit: not the mint ones though).




~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment