Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

The First Whore

I don't make it very obvious on this blog, but I am a HUGE fan of harsh noise and power electronic music. It's by far one of my favorite genres, and one of the only styles of extreme music that get's me incredibly excited anymore. One of the albums I've been digging very heavily recently is the seminal swansong full length from Deathpile, "G.R". 33 RPM, transparent green vinyl.

This record kind of came to me out of the blue when I was at work, at my coworkers were ordering new records and asked if I would be interested in this. Just going on the description, I know it would be. Harsh noise, power electronics, a big emphasis on HNW, especially on the track "Addicted". His whole record is a concept album about Gary Ridgway, the Green River Killer. The lyrics take a 3rd person perspective of Gary and what goes on through his mind and the actions he does throughout his killing spree. Sick stuff, you can tell a lot of noise artists these days were probably inspired by this.

Pretty tidy matte sleeve packaging, with a printed inner sleeve with lyrics. 




~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment