Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tongue Splitter

Two new titans of North Carolina grindcore have come together and self-released the first truly great split of 2012! The Old Painless and Priapus split 7", something that I have been highly anticipating, and I was not let down. 500 copies were pressed, 200 on this yellow/light brown marble vinyl and the rest on black.

The A-side is annihilated by the 3 new Priapus songs. Some of the best technical grindcore I've heard in a while. I slept on this bands previous EP "Airloom", but this has made me a total fan. Flip the record over to have your face shredded off by Old Painless, who dish out 5 sudo-spazzy grindcore songs. Awesome record, glad to finally have it. I'm not going to go into much more detail about the music(see the reason why below), so here are some pretty pictures.

Small double-sided insert with lyrics^v
This here is a nice note from Priapus vocalist Jordan. It's always nice when the person shipping you your records does this. You can read a full review I did for this split here on Operation Grindcore. 




~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment