Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Tentacles of Influence

Here's the LP that came with my TLAL order, the new Needful Things album "Tentacles of Influence". Czech titans of underground grindcore! Gray/silver vinyl, 45 RPM with a printed inner sleeve.

Needful Things are, in my opinion, one of the most criminally underrated and underexposed grindcore bands going right now. There previous full-length "Dead Point" is an album all grind junkies need to check out. This album here, on first listen, pretty much delivers in every category and is a great follow up release. I'm gonna have to give it a few more spins to see if it's truly on par with "Dead Point", I'll be doing a review of this on Operation Grindcore in the near future. The B-side is especially kick ass. The recording is significantly more cleaner and not as thick this time around, but it's not that big a deal. Not a fan of the cover art at all.

A lot more short songs this time around too, I think only 2 break the dreaded 2 minute mark. Way more blasting and not as much groove. Though again, Side B has a lot more interesting riffs and structures.

I really hope this band gets more attention this year. They're playing Maryland Deathfest, which should get them a lot more fans here in America. Unfortunately I won't be able to see them cause I was to late to buy my 4-day pass. Endless bummer, I'm sure they'll kill it live.


~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment