Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cheerleaders For Imperialism

Here's a record that I've had for a while from one of my favorite fast hardcore bands ever; the mighty Hellnation. I try to pick up all the Hellnation records I can, and out of all the ones I have, this has to be my favorite. OG press on Slap-a-Ham records, black vinyl, 33 RPM.

Whole lotta songs on this bad boy. All of em featuring a dude you might have heard off named Chris Dodge on bass bringing his signature clanky bass tone. Every song on here is a rager, nothing is slow, it never stops. Just a constant barrage of blasting hardcore for 18 minutes.

I don't know if I can call Hellnation fastcore, though that title would certainly fit the music. I'm super bummed these guys broke up. A few members are in Brodys Militia, but so far they haven't clicked with me yet. Sucks.

Slap-A-Ham!!!

My Hellnation collection is still only modest at best, but I'm always eager to build it up. I have my eyes on a couple reasonably priced albums on discogs. Definitely more Hellnation posts in the future. GO FAST OR GO HOME!!


~VII

No comments:

Post a Comment