Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Total! Fucking! Self Destruction!

   Ooooooh yeah, this one's a beast! One of my favorite splits from 2 of some of the most original grindcore bands going right now; the mighty Agoraphobic Nosebleed and Total Fucking Destruction together bring us the "Frontside Nosegrind EP"! This is a 2009 repress on some sexy solid red vinyl, limited to 1000, released on Bones Brigade Records. I got it from Hells Headbangers.

   There are so many good things to say about this 7". First off, Outstanding artwork! Incredibly colorful and detailed, and dare I say beautiful with some very impressive gloss. I love looking at this thing. Look on the inside and you'll see how this split got it's name. *WARNING* Graphic Imagery Alert!
   Brutal stuff, but the dude seems stoked, so whatever. 
   I can't say enough good things about Agoraphobic Nosebleed, I'm never disappointed by their output, which is super impressive since they're always changing styles. I love em so much, they have the esteemed honor of having their logo sewn on to my favorite hat. On this split they open up with one of my personal favorite songs from them; "Self Detonate". A sort-of fast, grooving powerviolence epic with Jay Randall spewing out some of the best lyrics he ever wrote. The 2 other songs on their side follow the more familiar very fast ANb formula. Another cool note, Pete Benumb does the vocals on the track "Degenerate Liar". Perfect.
   Total Fucking Destruction's contribution is good, but a hell of a lot weirder. 2 tracks, the first of which being a noisy, seemingly structureless jam with spoken word vocals. The last track is a blindingly fast cover of The Exploited - "Sid Vicious Was Innocent".  Not my favorite songs from TFD, but I really admire their characteristically weird grind. I'm having the pleasure of opening for TFD for the second time in May. Sure to be amazing.
   This split if fairly easy to find, and every time I see it around it's for a good price, so if you see one, get it and blast that shit at top volume! GRIND!!





1 comment: